generic name drugs

Gettin’ A Little Personal

I love holiday Starbucks Coffee sleeves.

In fact, I used to collect them until my mom found a drawer filled with cardboard sleeves. So I don’t collect them anymore, but I do enjoy reading them.

This particular sleeve is totally relevant to what I’m sharing today.

Liane of PetiteXXS tagged me to do Seven Confessions, so here goes my set.

1. I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket even when it’s cold. It’s like they need to breathe too or they’ll suffocate.
  2. I did P90X Doubles for two months before quitting because the last month was too intense with 2+ hour routines 6 days a week.  Then I wanted to try Insanity just because I wanted the free t-shirt. But I was too lazy to give it a shot.
  3. On the first day of kindergarten, I slipped while playing on the jungle gym during recess and got a cut above my right eye. I still have a scar from it, but what’s even weirder is that my dad has a similar one above his right eye too.
  4. I like talking to old people. In high school, I used to volunteer at a center for seniors with Alzheimer’s. It was a bittersweet experience since I heard awesome stories, but some days, they didn’t remember me at all…or worse, they start losing their ability to speak. Being there gave me an appreciation for the elderly that makes me hunger for their histories.
  5. I love Studio Ghibli movies. My faves are Naussicaä of the Valley of the Wind by Hayao Miyazaki and Grave of the Fireflies by Isao Takahata. Grave of the Fireflies is so heart-wrenchingly poignant, I couldn’t stop crying…and I’m not one to cry during a movie, much less an animated one.
  6. My younger cousins make weird nicknames for my sister and me. At first it was Moose and Juice. Then it became Auntie Paris and Auntie Hilton…but luckily, that didn’t stick. But I’m still “Juice.”
  7. For the most part, I can remember my dreams. They’re so vivid and realistic that sometimes I can taste, smell, and feel things. It’s super trippy and as for Inception, that’s only the beginning of what dreams are like for me.

These seven things are pretty random and they don’t relate to fashion, being petite, or blogging…but at least you know a side of me that I don’t often share. I’m not cool, I don’t pretend to be (well maybe I do), but I’m a regular ol’ Joe like everyone else.

I’m not tagging anyone, but if you’d like to share your confessions, please do so in the comments! =)

By the way, Liane of PetiteXXS tagged me to to seven confessions, so here goes.

I’m tagging:

ClothedMuch
A.Fashion.Deliberation
Coastalpolitan
I Am Khatu
Little Nashua
MizzJ
To Boldy Wear

• Kileen November 22, 2010, 8:05 am

i love learning more about blog authors! these are great facts and i love the one about your toes having to stick out from the blanket. i can just imagine it and it sounds too cute! :)

• Aubrey November 22, 2010, 10:04 am

I’m totally the opposite. If my feet aren’t covered and even have some blankets tucked underneath them, I cannot fall asleep. I often find the blankets over my head when I wake up, esp when it’s cold out.

• The Little Dust Princess November 22, 2010, 11:11 am

omg I’m EXACTLY the same with my feet!!

xx The Little Dust Princess

• Angie November 22, 2010, 11:59 am

aww i like learning more about you :) this is fun. i have to keep my feet covered or i freak out. i still sleep in fetal position hahaha

• really petite November 22, 2010, 1:25 pm

OMG I sleep with my feet out of the covers too!! LOL

I loved reading this post :)

• Cee November 22, 2010, 2:11 pm

It’s so fun learning new things about everyone :) I’m the opposite when I sleep. I MUST tuck the blankets all around me so it’s like I’m in a cocoon. Heat doesn’t bother me but the cold does! How did your dad get the cut above his eye? It would be really freaky if he slipped as well.

• PetiteXXS November 22, 2010, 6:14 pm

I definitely stick my feet out ouf the blanket too, but only during the summer when it’s hot because I like to sleep with the covers on year-round and I feel like that keeps me cool. And Studio Ghibli movies are awesome… haven’t seen Grave of the Fireflies yet but I heard it was really sad so I wasn’t sure I was ready :)

• shannon November 22, 2010, 6:33 pm

Oh my goodness…I’m the same way with #7. I have dreams with complex storylines, narration, and even twist endings. (Had a zombie apocalypse dream a few weeks ago that was way trippy). I’ve had dreams in black and white, dreams in sepia, and dreams that were entirely animation. (But I always cover my feet when I sleep!)

• SewPetiteGal November 22, 2010, 7:35 pm

I’m glad someone (I think I first saw it @ Kileen’s?) started the 7 Confessions series because I am really enjoying learning more about each blogger. Makes us feel like an even tighter-knit community :) Cute nicknames, btw!

• mich LA November 22, 2010, 9:54 pm

Hehe, I giggled at the toes fact. I actually am the opposite and *always* have to sleep with my toes wrapped up in a soft fleece blanket.

Loved fact #4 because I can totally relate to that. I used to love volunteering at the hospital and chatting with the older patients. They really do have the best stories!

Thanks for sharing these fun facts about you! :)

• Michelle November 22, 2010, 10:29 pm

Lol! I am the opposite with my feet! I must have them tucked in for fear that “monsters” will grab at them! I also used to cover my neck with blankets thinking I was protecting myself from vampires!

• admin November 22, 2010, 11:30 pm

@Kileen: LOL. I think it’s great that we can learn a bit more about each other, especially when it’s not related to what we blog about all the time. There are so many sides to us all, that it’s nice to get a peek every so often!

@Aubrey: It’s funny, I leave my feet uncovered, but I cover my head. =P

@The Little Dust Princess: Yay! I’m not alone in this! =)

@Angie: I sleep in fetal position sometimes, but I think I’m more of a stomach sleeper.

@Really Petite: Thanks! I think the more personal posts seem to be a hit!

• admin November 22, 2010, 11:33 pm

Cee: My dad got his scar a different way than I did, but it was kind of freaky when we realized that we had it in common.

@PetiteXXS: Grave of the Fireflies is really sad, but it’s worth watching because it’s so emotional.

@Shannon: I totally get you with the dreaming thing, the colors…all of that. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one!

@SewPetiteGal: I’m glad I got to do the confessions and to read all of them too. It really opens us up to be more forthcoming about ourselves. =)

• admin November 22, 2010, 11:36 pm

@michLA: I think we tend to forget that the older generation has lived through so much that we didn’t experience. We are so focused on the present and future that we neglect the past and we kind of make the same mistakes. By listening to their stories, I think I matured a bit faster than my peers or I’m just an old soul.

@Michelle: I used to be afraid of shadow monsters so I’d turn off all the lights in the room so it’s pitch black instead of having a night light. =)

• Mandi November 23, 2010, 9:34 pm

Studio Ghibli is fantastic! I think Spirited Away is still my favorite :)

My husband still sweetly tries to tuck in my toes when he sees them out and I promptly stick them back out! Hehe. He’s so kind to try, but it really does get too hot otherwise!