I love holiday Starbucks Coffee sleeves.
In fact, I used to collect them until my mom found a drawer filled with cardboard sleeves. So I don’t collect them anymore, but I do enjoy reading them.
This particular sleeve is totally relevant to what I’m sharing today.
Liane of PetiteXXS tagged me to do Seven Confessions, so here goes my set.
- I sleep with my feet sticking out the blanket even when it’s cold. It’s like they need to breathe too or they’ll suffocate.
- I did P90X Doubles for two months before quitting because the last month was too intense with 2+ hour routines 6 days a week. Then I wanted to try Insanity just because I wanted the free t-shirt. But I was too lazy to give it a shot.
- On the first day of kindergarten, I slipped while playing on the jungle gym during recess and got a cut above my right eye. I still have a scar from it, but what’s even weirder is that my dad has a similar one above his right eye too.
- I like talking to old people. In high school, I used to volunteer at a center for seniors with Alzheimer’s. It was a bittersweet experience since I heard awesome stories, but some days, they didn’t remember me at all…or worse, they start losing their ability to speak. Being there gave me an appreciation for the elderly that makes me hunger for their histories.
- I love Studio Ghibli movies. My faves are Naussicaä of the Valley of the Wind by Hayao Miyazaki and Grave of the Fireflies by Isao Takahata. Grave of the Fireflies is so heart-wrenchingly poignant, I couldn’t stop crying…and I’m not one to cry during a movie, much less an animated one.
- My younger cousins make weird nicknames for my sister and me. At first it was Moose and Juice. Then it became Auntie Paris and Auntie Hilton…but luckily, that didn’t stick. But I’m still “Juice.”
- For the most part, I can remember my dreams. They’re so vivid and realistic that sometimes I can taste, smell, and feel things. It’s super trippy and as for Inception, that’s only the beginning of what dreams are like for me.
These seven things are pretty random and they don’t relate to fashion, being petite, or blogging…but at least you know a side of me that I don’t often share. I’m not cool, I don’t pretend to be (well maybe I do), but I’m a regular ol’ Joe like everyone else.
I’m not tagging anyone, but if you’d like to share your confessions, please do so in the comments! =)