Bonus: Easy Breezy Blues

Wohoo! Bonus post this week.

My mood is strongly tied with the weather and it shows through my outfits. Since it’s rainy, I returned to my neutral basics.

Neutrals and basics serve me well and simplicity is best.

I don’t need to add too much stuff to an outfit to make it work. As long as I’m covered and it’s easy to move around in, that’s all that matters. Whenever the weather gets ugly, it seems like I put away my creativity to take on a minimalist look.

These Payless pumps are at that point where they should be replaced. After 4+ years, they haven’t fallen apart, I didn’t have to replace any parts, and they’re still super comfortable…but my style preference has changed. I want pointy pumps!

My friends think pointy pumps are “dog-kicking witch shoes” but I think they’re sophisticated and classic. I want these pumps from Ivanka Trump but I’m on the fence about spending $120 on shoes. Though it won’t be my most expensive shoe purchase, it’s a lot of money since I’m still reeling from my splurge at Alice + Olivia. Maybe it’ll be my only purchase for May…or June.

Outfit Details: Forever 21 trench – S, Club Monaco sweater – S, Downeast Basics cami – XXS, Theory Ibbey pants – 00, DIY necklace (gift), Payless pumps

Shop: sweater, pants

• Marie April 19, 2011, 7:25 am

Lovely blouse!The color is perfect.

Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge E.Caffey handbag giveaway

• Liz April 19, 2011, 9:17 am

I am in love with that Monaco sweater. And your bag! Can I ask where it’s from?

• admin April 19, 2011, 11:16 am

My bag is from Colehaan, I got it last year. =)

• Liz April 19, 2011, 12:25 pm

Thanks! It’s adorable :)

• Callandra April 19, 2011, 10:07 am

I think this look is very sophisticated and I love those pants…….I’ll have to scroll back up to get the details. The weather always seem to lead my looks as well…..our weather has been rainy and overcast so a lot of blue and simple neutrals going on right now ;)

• tinymum April 19, 2011, 11:18 am

I love the bag and the trench! Actually the whole attire is simply-perfect!

• Lor - Petite in the City April 19, 2011, 12:26 pm

I was wondering about the bag too. I’m thinking about getting a Longchamp, but maybe I should check out Colehaan too.

I love pointy shoes! My friend make fun of them and refer to them as “men-kicking shoes”. I’m the opposite, I just have pointy heels, because I’m convinced I look taller wearing them. I want to get a round or almond shaped toe shoes, because the pointy heels don’t work with all outfits.

-Lor

• admin April 19, 2011, 9:25 pm

Agreed. I feel that pointy heels elongate better than almond toe ones, but having both options is always nice too. =)

• oomph. April 19, 2011, 1:30 pm

years ago i bought a pair of strappy heels from payless for work, ones that were cheap and i wouldn’t care if they got ruined…they turned out to be the most comfortable shoes, and lasted forever. i was sad when they finally broke! it’s hit or miss there though, but sometimes they have a cute shoe you can’t pass up!

• Cee April 19, 2011, 1:58 pm

You’ve got me wanting to check out Payless again. I haven’t been there in ages and I’m not sure why. If I shop at Target, I should be fine shopping at Payless too, right? I like the pair of Ivanka Trump ones you linked. I have a pair from BcbGirls that are super pointy and witchy. Sadly I haven’t been wearing them as often now that I bought a pair of Ann Taylor perfect pumps. But I’ll have to say pointy shoes are perfect for wide-legged trousers. Good luck with your shopping ban — I’m sure those pumps will still be there next month :)

• admin April 19, 2011, 9:28 pm

I’m pretty sure the shoes will still be there too, I’m just anxious to get them and I hope they look as good on me compared to the photo.

Btw, I tried the AT perfect pumps but they weren’t right for my feet. The arch was too high and too much toe cleavage for my liking. So as much as other petites adore this shoe…it’s not for me. =(

• Sunshine April 19, 2011, 2:57 pm

I think almond-toe shoes look cute with dresses, but pointy pumps definitely look better with trousers. When I try on almond/round toe pumps with dress pants, I feel like they cut my legs short. Pointy pumps definitely elongate your legs so go ahead and splurge haha…

• Really Petite April 19, 2011, 3:46 pm

You are so lucky that you can look so good in pants….I want to wear pants but it just doesn’t look right on me. I really like the blouse..super pretty:)

Ands Payless…omg can’t remember the last time I went there..maybe I should now…LOL

• Elaine April 19, 2011, 4:23 pm

Gorgeous! That sweater looks awesome – comfy and sophisticated!

• kimchi girl April 19, 2011, 6:08 pm

i can’t believe those are payless. i think the rounded toe looks cute on you. and in my opinion, they are cute and classic as well. :)

i think ur outfit choice is similar to mine when the weather sucks or it’s too cold! simiplicity is the best. :)

• Aneirys April 19, 2011, 7:40 pm

You look very beautiful in this photos, love your outfit!

• Kileen April 19, 2011, 9:09 pm

i love the tiered top and the bigger pictures are wonderful!! and i wish i had such luck finding my size shoes at Payless. i’m almost always paying around $100 for shoes… i haven’t gotten into the pointy-toe shoe trend yet, but the Ivanka ones look lovely!

• admin April 19, 2011, 9:30 pm

I wish I could make myself spend more money on shoes, but I average about $50. I’m pretty rough with my shoes so I don’t want to spend too much because then, I’d never wear it for fear of it getting scratched. LOL.

• Shelby April 20, 2011, 1:21 pm

i dress for the weather too… unfortunately it has been grey and windy and rainy where i live, so all i want to wear is plain old jeans+tee+jacket. you do minimalism magnificently… i love that shirt and necklace. you should totally get the pointy pumps – they do wonders for elongating a petite leg <3shelby

• J April 23, 2011, 12:47 pm

I love the simple outfit! And I too always prefer pants to skirts (I think I wear skirts maybe 5x a year), much more comfy! I say yes in the IT pointy pumps. Those are gorgeous — I’ll keep an eye out for Piperlime deals, as paying regular price is so not cool. P.S. Wishing our weather could just make its mind up already!