generic name drugs

A Little Help Goes a Long Way

If you’ve read my tweets yesterday, you’d know that I didn’t take these outfit photos. A random dog walker happened upon my ridiculousness with my remote and offered to take some photos for me.

She’s a hobby photographer who takes photos for her aspiring fashion designer friends, so she knew the ropes. I wasn’t prepared to have a photographer, so I was kind of nervous. But she was really kind and the shots turned out way better than my own.

So thank you ASHLEY! You’re awesome!

This top is another thrift find, a Tucker for Target blouse for $6.

It was too pretty to pass up even though it’s a size LARGE! I probably spent 30 minutes in the store deciding if I should buy it because of the size issue. But since it’s supposed to be loose and I’ve always wanted a Tucker blouse…I ended up keeping it. Maybe in the future I’ll get it altered, but for now, it’ll do.

As for the rest of the outfit, Im in a rule breaking mood because not only am I wearing blouse several sizes too big, I’m wearing strappy shoes that supposedly shorten the leg line.

Oh no! Call the petite fashion police! Kelly, Jean, Aubrey…get here stat! :-P

Outfit Details: Tucker for Target blouse – L, H&M skirt – 2, Martin + Osa belt, Peggy Li feather ring, Emma Stine earrings, Colehaan satchel, Steve Madden sandals

Do you wear clothes that are too big for you? What petite fashion “rules” do you break?

• Sunshine April 20, 2011, 8:57 am

The straps are not high up at your ankles so they look fine :) I don’t think I follow any rules so can’t say I break them lol… (wearing a tweed jacket right now as I type this) :P

• Callandra April 20, 2011, 9:12 am

Lol Jess!! Fashion police cracked me up ;) I love your outfit and I am so shocked to hear that blouse is a large!……(just goes to show what a good belt can do). Your pictures reallly did turn out very pretty! I especially like the one with flowers.

• kimchi girl April 20, 2011, 9:57 am

didn’t notice that you were breaking any fashion “rules” b/c you look so good! plz don’t alter the blouse…it looks perfect as is. the fabric and cut lay so well on your body. :)

• Alterations Needed April 20, 2011, 11:58 am

LOL! You break petite fashion rules so well Jess! Just goes to show, any style can be pulled off with the right poise and charisma. I also like how those ankle strap shoes dip low in front…makes them really flattering!

I’m shocked that blouse is a size large! It fits you well in the shoulder and neckline, which are really the only areas I’d be concerned with for a loose fitting blouse like that. It hangs well on you, which keeps it from looking sloppy, and I like the belting action you have going on.

• The Little Dust Princess April 20, 2011, 12:28 pm

omg that’s so funny! Very kind of the lady.. I would do the same if I saw someone taking pics with a tripod and remote :P

• Jarucha April 20, 2011, 12:59 pm

There’s something going on with your side bars and there is some weird code on top of your banner….I noticed it about two days ago and was going to say something but I thought it was just me. Anyhows, I have seen the Tucker for Target blouses and thought they looked huge but you pulled it off well! That woman was so nice, she got great shots! Yes, I also break fashion rules of wearing stuff to big – I break this rule way too often than I should!

• Cher April 20, 2011, 1:00 pm

Haha. I think those shoes are fine. I find that the shoes with the ankle straps right above the ankle bone are the ones that shorten the leg line. That’s not to say that someone with short legs can’t wear them, it just wouldn’t be my personal preference. Since those actually dip in the front and the straps sit below the ankle bone I think they are pretty flattering.

• Larie April 20, 2011, 2:40 pm

You look lovely! I love flowy tops too. And I don’t know that I ever really keep those rules in mind…just try to find things that I like and that are flattering :D

• Lor - Petite in the City April 20, 2011, 3:57 pm

That shirt looks great! I would never be able to tell that it was a large size. no shoulder seams or anything to indicate that!

That was so nice of the dog walker to take the photo for you! :)

• Chris April 20, 2011, 4:33 pm

Dude, the blouse totally looks normal and not at all like a large. Oh the wonders of belts and their ability to make everything fit!!

• PetiteLittleGirl April 20, 2011, 5:38 pm

LOL Jess :) It was very nice of a random dog walker to take pictures for you. They turned out beautifully. I love the print of that blouse. Can’t beat a Tucker blouse for $6.00, right?

• jenny April 20, 2011, 5:55 pm

love the blue and purple jewel tones on you! b/c of the shoulder seaming (or lack thereof) the top doesn’t appear large at all, and there’s a lovely flow to it.

also, those shoes are adorable! the straps dip down far enough that they don’t cut off your leg line.

great outfit!

• hurricanekerrie April 20, 2011, 6:33 pm

Wow, that’s really cool to have a photographer stumble upon you… though I probably would be kinda shy at admitting what I’m doing, if it happened to me. :) That first picture is sweet… Your blouse is definitely a keeper. How nice that you saw its potential even though it’s a Large. :)

• admin April 20, 2011, 10:20 pm

I was a bit nervous, but I couldn’t think of any other reason to explain why I taking my own photos. Plus, she was really nice about it, so I didn’t feel as embarrassed. LOL.

• Kileen April 20, 2011, 7:10 pm

i think these shoe straps dip down low enough that it doesn’t shorten your legs much. and the blouse is beautiful! cinching it in at the waist really made it wearable despite the fact that it’s a large.

• SewPetiteGal April 20, 2011, 7:35 pm

Great pics – how awesome that you ran into a kind-hearted photographer! I have a weakness for maxi dresses and I know it’s supposed to be a no-no. It’s just soooo comfy and easy – no need to ponder which bottoms to wear with which tops :)

• charles April 20, 2011, 8:01 pm

hello! I love these photos and your whole style & outlook. I’m so happy you are following on weardrobe, it’s a real honor! I saw you in marie claire months ago and have meaning to look up your blog–at 5’4 I’m just barely still petite! Anyway, I’d just like to say hi, & that I am your latest fan :)
    xx

• cindy ngo April 21, 2011, 2:45 am

how nice of her! i have never experienced that. then again, i’d be so nervous and it’d be so awkward having a complete stranger taking my pictures for me while i try to “model” haha.

regardless of the size, that blouse looks great! i adore the print. i own a tucker for target dress and i absolutely love it. & i think that i almost, always, end up buying things that are just too good to pass up … not caring about the size just bc i want it so bad.

i also heard from kathleen that you’re setting up a SF bloggers meet up! i’m super jealous that i’m not back in town for it. :( would have loved to meet all the SF bloggers! :D

xx,
    cins

• admin April 21, 2011, 11:11 pm

I was kind of awkward, but you get used to it pretty quick. You should definitely stop by the next event, I’lll try to keep bringing us all together! =)

• Really Petite April 21, 2011, 8:43 am

I can totally relate to this post Jess! Hubby always says “that is way too big for you”..almost on a daily basis..LOL

I probably break more than just one rule but I say if you love it and want to wear it- then you should!!!

I like seeing you in skirts and feminine things but that’s because I am girly ….more please!!!! :D

• HaiYen May 13, 2011, 11:43 am

I just recently noticed that I’m more comfortable wearing something a little loose. It must have been all these years of not finding clothes that fit. Working very hard to break the habit :)

BTW, I love the wallpaper/header on your blog.

• Angie April 21, 2011, 2:53 pm

your shoes are gorgeous! i think they look wonderful on you. the oversized shirt looks nice, i know i can’t pull it off because i feel weird if my clothes aren’t stuck to me xD

• admin April 21, 2011, 11:12 pm

LOL. I’m the opposite, I love loose, flowy clothes that move with the wind. When it’s too tight, I get kind of self-conscious cuz I don’t pull it off as well.

• Aneirys April 21, 2011, 8:21 pm

I love wearing strappy shoes even though im short, but I don’t care lol
    Your outfit is very lovely, i love how you contrast the purple with the blue.

• Anne April 22, 2011, 7:28 am

A random dog walker? Who’s a hobby photographer? Love it!

• Recovering Shopaholic April 22, 2011, 9:57 am

Jess, first off – score with the photographer – did you make an arrangement to get her to take more pics – because they look terrific! As for clothes that are too big, given that I’m not as petite as other bloggers in this community, if something’s too big, I get really excited! But, yes, there are times that I will wear pants that end up dragging on the floor because they are riding low on the hips…but for the most part, I don’t have a hard time “fitting” into things ;)

• admin April 22, 2011, 11:54 pm

I actually didn’t ask her about future photo opportunities, but I should have! LOL.

• Vicky April 23, 2011, 7:42 am

Nice pictures! A real photographer sure beats a tripod. :) I love the blouse on you. It’s such a pretty print. I can see why you were debating about this in Target for that long. The belt did a great job in defining your waist while the rest drapes nicely. I love the choice of your sandals. Such a pretty color and style.

• Michelle April 23, 2011, 11:04 am

Wow! That is really a large?! Great belt color with the blouse! I bought two of those (different colors) when the Martin + Osa store in Vegas was closing down. I love how easily adjustable the belt is!

That last photo is especially gorgeous with those flowers!!

• Irene April 28, 2011, 3:16 pm

I absolutely LOVE your shoes! I had no idea strappy shoes were taboo in petite fashion. They’re very flattering on you!

• HaiYen May 13, 2011, 11:37 am

It looks great! I wouldn’t have known the blouse was not your size if you didn’t say so. The belt really helps to define your waist. If you’re breaking the rules with your strappy shoes then add me to the list. I’ve been going on a shopping spree and somehow own 4 different pairs of strappy shoes. Not the gladiator kind-those are too obnoxious and they do go up too high on my ankle.