Lookbook: Color Blocking Uniform

colorful blazer silk blouse pointy pump outfit

Outfit Details: Madewell blazer, thrifted silk blouse, Gap corduroy leggings, Nine West pumps

Shop: blazer, blouse, pants, pumps

Some days, I get dressed in the dark. Luckily, I have a few personal “uniforms” that make it easy for mindless dressing so I don’t look like a total mess.

This blazer, skinny pant, and pumps combo is one of my tried-and-true looks.

With my current wardrobe, I can pull any item from each category and know that it will go well together for this modern silhouette. When I can do this with the majority of clothes, I’ll have reached closet nirvana.

What’s your personal uniform?

• ACC January 21, 2012, 7:15 am

My uniform is exactly the same, after having experimented a lot with different proportions. I’m aspiring for closet nirvana too and am trying to augment my current wardrobe with the best-quality (and best-fitting) uniform staples that I can get my hands on. I love this outfit on you!

• Ying January 21, 2012, 10:24 am

That’s fantastic idea. I’m currently working on building a more versatile closet. With my current closet, I can look and look and can’t figure what to wear. The purple add the perfect pop to the outfit.

• Angie January 21, 2012, 11:41 am

i love the light purple colour matched with a soft grey blazer. very cute!

• Katherine January 21, 2012, 11:46 am

My closet uniform is similar to yours. Skinny jeans, flats, and a nice flowy top :) Loving the blazer with that pop of purple :)

• Phoebe January 21, 2012, 12:39 pm

I love your outfit! The color of your silk blouse is so pretty and gives a nice pop of color. :) My go to outfits usually consists of a button down blouse or crew neck shirt + skirt or dress pants + blazer or cardigan.

• Z January 21, 2012, 12:45 pm

this is so chic! I love any outfit with a blazer, and this manages to look polished yet casual. I can only wish my closet can reach the same kind of nirvana!

• FunSizeClothes January 21, 2012, 12:57 pm

I love your pumps and the color of the leggings. I’m trying to do the same thing with my closet. So far I’ve managed to streamline my summer wardrobe; all my summer clothes can fit tidily in a little box. I like that you can get dressed in the dark and still put this together =]

• admin January 23, 2012, 10:42 pm

Sounds like you’re on the right track! I’m hoping someday my closet will be like a well-oiled machine, constantly churning fun outfits! =)

• ElVi January 22, 2012, 11:18 am

wow that silk shirt=amazing…the color is just wow! This outfit is just perfect..perfect for a friday work day…weekend..date..I love it!

• Ashley January 22, 2012, 5:03 pm

Cute outfit. Love the mixture of colors :)

• KK @butshoppingmakesmehappy January 23, 2012, 9:33 am

Totally cute! I love the blazer, skinny jeans, pumps combo lately…and that blazer is so cute on you!

• Kim September 28, 2013, 11:05 pm

“When I can do this with the majority of clothes, I’ll have reached closet nirvana.”

Love this!