generic name drugs

Petite Fashion Challenge #6: Dress Up Your Basics

The day has finally come to unveil all the participants of the Petite Fashion Challenge #6!

We had a lot of participants and it’s awesome to discover new petite blogs. If you’d like to host a Petite Fashion Challenge, sign up at the AlterationsNeeded forum. By the way, next month’s host will be Jessy of The Little Dust Princess!

I’m sure you’re all curious about everyone’s outfits so scroll to the bottom for the list of participants.

Petite Fashion Challenge

The Challenge: Dress Up Your Basics

Petite Fashion Challenge

Jeans and a tee is a classic outfit starter. Depending on what you layer over this basic pairing, you can change style and feel of the entire look. This is your chance to show your personality and your creativity.

For this challenge, start off with a jeans and tee basic look (it can be any style or color) and dress it up to show off your personal style with accessories, jewelry, and whatever you’d like to add.

Petite Fashion Challenge

To tackle this challenge, I wanted a simple outfit that reflects my personality. Accessories and details matter so much more when there are less layers to wear.

With a neutral color scheme, I selected some of my favorite items as well as some new additions. It was about 50 degrees when I decided to take photos so I had to include my uber-cozy marled cardigan. The scarf and jeans are new…gotta love the palm tree print to remind me of Los Angeles.

Petite Fashion Challenge

Some have mentioned that I tend to wear boho-hipster outfits and I guess it’s true. I can’t deny the influence that LA has on my clothing choices and there will be changes as I adapt to life near San Francisco.

I just love quirky and artsy influences as long as I can make it look neat and polished.

Petite Fashion Challenge

Through this challenge I hope to show that we don’t need a certain clothing item or a certain accessory to make us stylish. Just a few well-placed accessories and you can have a totally new look. From the rocker to bohemian, girly or tomboy, there’s infinite possibilities and I’m sure you’ll be able to tell from everyone’s looks. We are all different and we express ourselves in many ways despite our basic “jeans and tee” outfit.

Hopefully this challenge has inspired you to be more creative with your outfits and find some new looks to incorporate into your everyday life.

Petite Fashion Challenge

Outfit Details: Madewell cardigan – XS, Ann Taylor tiered tee – XS, Gap Curvy jeans – 00P, Emma Stine earrings, thrifted belt, Peggy Li feather ring, Urban Outfitters scarf, BCBG boots

Since we have so many participants, I thought it best to use Linky Tools to make it easier. If you want to join in, add yourself to the list and follow the instructions below.

1. Click the “Click here to enter” button to add to the list.
  2. In the “Link it to:” field, please provide the url of the specific post.
  3. In the “Caption or Title:” field, please write the title of your blog (ie. Stylepint).
  4. In the “Thumbnail field:” select pull from Web and follow the instructions to select your image.

The List of Participants

Click on the thumbnails to view each participant. (I’m using Linky Tools if you can’t see in your reader.)

*Note: If you’re not on the list and would like to be included, please add yourself via Linky Tools. Also, you can add your own post until the end of the month. Thanks! =)

• CynthiaC March 24, 2011, 5:53 pm
  • PetiteLittleGirl March 24, 2011, 5:56 pm

oh wow. We have so many entries for this challenge. Linky tool is a great way to link them up. You did great with your challenge, Jess. I really like how you added a scarf to your casual outfit.

• Ski Petite March 24, 2011, 5:57 pm

Oops! I just realized that you had me in there and I just added myself… Sorry I I got confused and thought we had to add ourselves in.

• Alterations Needed March 24, 2011, 6:07 pm

I wish I could wear hats as well as you do! I would rock fedoras so hard! LOL. I really like that scarf too! What a great print.

Thanks for hosting this month!

• TheFuzzyMittens March 24, 2011, 6:08 pm

Arghh, my link doesn’t work – It’s my first time using the queue feature, sorry!

Here’s the correct link: http://thefuzzymittens.tumblr.com/post/4073000121/pfc6-jeans-tee

Thanks!

• PetiteAsianGirl March 24, 2011, 6:14 pm

These photos are beautiful, Jess. Were they still self-tripod pics or did you have a photog? And did you get a new camera? : )

I love your choice of scarf..so vivid and what a fun pattern. And you are one of the few few people who can rock the hat look in my opinion. Thank you for hosting. The linky tools is such a great idea! I love seeing the thumbnails of all the participants!

• admin March 24, 2011, 9:11 pm

These were self-tripod w/ remote photos taken with my new “lens on loan”…the 85mm f1/8. I heard so many good things about it, but I wanted to try before I buy and this is the result. Pretty snazzy!

• The Little Dust Princess March 24, 2011, 6:29 pm

Great photos! The scarf is so pretty and the cardigan looks sooo cozy! I want :D The Linky Tools was such a great idea..I maybe have to steal it for the next challenge. I’m so glad you announced that I’m going to be the next one because I wouldn’t have known. LOL! Time flies…

• Kileen March 24, 2011, 6:34 pm

what a gorgeous scarf and i love your accessories!! lovely rings and earrings definitely give this look a polished touch.

• Ping March 24, 2011, 6:42 pm

im loving the new pictures. very pretty!

• R.L. March 24, 2011, 6:47 pm

Thanks Jess for hosting and to all the ladies for sharing. I am brimming with ideas for new outfits now. But more importantly going through these provided me with an entertaining ~40 minutes of procrastination!

• Cher March 24, 2011, 7:04 pm

I love your hat (and the rest of the outfit, of course)! I’ve been looking for the perfect straw fedora for YEARS, but my head is particularly small. Every fedora I’ve tried on just impedes my vision because it’s so huge.

• SewPetiteGal March 24, 2011, 7:43 pm

Yay for getting to put your vintage LV to good use! I am always so impressed with people (like you and Jessy) who can pull off wearing hats. Love your take on dressing up your basics!

• Michelle March 24, 2011, 7:47 pm

Gorgeous!! I love seeing your mom’s purse incorporated in this outfit…makes it extra special! That scarf is awesome!! And so is that cardigan!!

Thanks for hosting!!

• Tiffanie March 24, 2011, 7:53 pm

Love the outfit! Love the hat! Everything!

• Kimberly March 24, 2011, 7:57 pm

Love your outfit! From the scarf to the hat to everything! Nicely done :)

• Curls and Pearls March 24, 2011, 7:59 pm

Oh OOPS! I’m linked in already – Sorry Jess, I was confused, can you delete my entry from #37? LOL and it took me forever to link up hahaha!

I absolutely LOVE that scarf!!! And OMG you’re such a hat girl, totally rocking it!

• Cee March 24, 2011, 8:30 pm

I see your “old soul” in this outfit. Something about the combination of the hat, vintage LV, and scarf is screaming “This is so Jess” to me :)

Thank you for hosting!!

• janelle March 24, 2011, 8:31 pm

Hi jess! :} I love this outfit on you! Thanks for hosting the PFC challenge~!! :D

• Olyvia March 24, 2011, 9:53 pm

I love how the drop earrings gave a feminine touch to your fedora hat, which you look Amazing in! And my goodness, there are so many participants this time! Great job with hosting the challenge!

• Aubrey March 24, 2011, 10:45 pm

yes an infinity scarf. This would spice up a reg tee & jeans.

• Jen HaHA March 24, 2011, 10:58 pm

Thanks for hosting the challenge! Very creative theme! Your cardi does look super comfy and your scarf is great! I wanted to wear a fuller scarf and belt it, but I went with a different style because of my other challenge. I’m glad I was forced to do something else. I’m going to challenge myself again to dress up jeans and a tee.

• Slayerbabe March 25, 2011, 12:38 am

Everyone looks so pretty! The next one might even be bigger! Can’t wait!

• Erin March 25, 2011, 3:56 am

I love this outfit Jess!! I wish I could pull off a hat too… I mean maybe I could, but I would look SO out of place in my 1950’s-era town haha

Thanks for hosting and thank you to whoever linked me up!!! I could NOT get it to work on my phone last night!

• Elle March 25, 2011, 5:27 am

Thanks again for hosting Jess, and I loved doing the challenge (wish I hadn’t procrastinated until the last minute but oh well).

I think you definitely stayed true to your own style and I love that scarf!!! what a gorgeous print. And ditto what everyone else said, you pull off hats like no one else I know. :)

• PetiteXXS March 25, 2011, 6:36 am

Thanks again for hosting this PFC Jess! You’re totally rocking that hat and those jeans l look really good on you! You’re always so perfectly accessorized and have such a distinctive “Jess” style. I love the Linky Tools idea btw.

• Mae Lu March 25, 2011, 7:46 am

Thanks for hosting, Jess! It’s wonderful! I really love the So Cal beach vibe you’ve got going on here. LA/San Diego beachy polished, though. I think you’ve got a nice little hybrid of No Cal and So Cal in. The chic sophistication of Frisco, with the hipster vibe of So Cal. It’s very fresh.

Unfortch, the Linky Tools does not seem to be working, though I did see that it worked last night!

xx{ish.},
    Mae Lu @ thereafterish.!

• admin March 25, 2011, 9:19 am

Linky Tools is a bit finicky, but it shows up if you refresh and let it load. =)

• Liza March 25, 2011, 12:19 pm

Love this outfit Jess! It’s so modern and chic. I love the hat and the black and white scarf with the flare jeans and the plain white tee. Perfection!
    Thanks so much for hosting:)
    Liza

• Banhannas March 25, 2011, 2:12 pm

I love the jeans that you are wearing! Go to love the chic vintagey (is that your mom’s vintage LV?!) look to your outfit as well. Nice choice in the linkey tools, I hope the next challenge the host uses the same thing! Yay, so many participants to read on!

• Callandra March 25, 2011, 5:29 pm

You look adorable Jess! Love the hat too ;) I wanted to apologize because I didn’t get home in time last night to post my PFC entry :( I’m just off to check out all of the other entries – thank you for hosting!!

• Tara March 25, 2011, 11:42 pm

I am in love with your scarf!

• tinymum March 26, 2011, 11:00 am

Love your attire… simple, fresh and chic!

• Cara-Mia March 26, 2011, 3:33 pm

I still haven’t tried Madewell, but I hear such good things. That cardigan looks great!

• leena March 27, 2011, 4:00 am

i think my favorite part of the outfit is the scarf! the feather ring is also very pretty too. great job!

The Classy Confidante

• Vicky March 27, 2011, 9:09 am

Thank you for hosting the PFC, Jess. What a turn out!
    You look adorable as usual. Love the simply chic that you are able to pull off so effortlessly in every outfit you put together. Nice work.

• Really Petite March 30, 2011, 9:07 am

Thx for hosting Jess! You did a great job! I had a tough time with this one but it was fun:D